Monday, September 10, 2012

What I've learned in a week -

I have learned it is WAY harder than I ever thought to eliminate most sugar out of my diet.

I have learned way too many foods are marketed as healthy and yet they have 14 g or more of sugar per serving.

I have learned I can survive without eating all the sugar, although I still crave it, I just drink water or chew gum.

I have learned I need to try harder and work harder on keeping the 2g of sugar or less rule.  There were a few times this last week I cheated a bit.

This last week wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  I used Saturday as my free day.  We were out of town and eating at a friends house and they had made hamburgers and hot dogs with chips and ice cream.  Totally not the healthy lunch I needed but they were gracious enough to let us into their home, I wasn't going to go demanding things of them.

I need to take this challenge more seriously.  I've gotta lose at least 20lbs by February for our trip to Hawaii.  I would LOVE to weigh less than when I got married to Cris when we take our whole family to Hawaii.  Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment