Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Once upon a time . . .

Once upon a time a beautiful girl (me!) got pregnant with our fourth little one!  It turned out to be a BEAUTIFUL little girl.  She is pretty amazing!
Thanks Marissa Vargason Photography

Then, one day, this new momma decided it was time to get off her butt and do something.  She couldn't wait a year or more to get back into gear. She thought about it, and thought about it, but the gym just wasn't in the schedule of this sweet little angel.  

Many dear friends had shown her different plans.  Isagenix, Take Shape for life, beachbody, etc. Some seemed like great plans but man alive, she could not afford an extra $300-$400/month just for her food. 

Then  she remembered dear friend telling thisher about beachbody and shakeology for a while now, but she was always reluctant to try it. Shakes rarely taste good.  It seemed like a cheat to her, and she wanted to do it all on her own!

She decided to try all the samples she had been given over a weeks time and see where it went.  At first they were AWFUL!  She had to gag them down.  Forcefully swallow them.  And she wanted to die.  There was no way she was buying this stuff!  

But then she realized something.  She had so much more energy.  No craving for warm chocolate chip cookies, brownies, or candy occupying her brain at all hours of the night.  It was amazing.  If she could feel like this, she could deal with the nasty taste for a while!  And to top it off, in that week, without added exercise, she lost 3 POUNDS!!!



After thinking about it for another 2 weeks, she couldn't wait any longer.  She worked so hard on her own those two weeks.  She watched what she ate, stayed under calories, worked out nearly every day but lost nothing.  She was bummed.  

She decided to talk to her Prince, Mr. Major Frugal.  She just knew he would say no again.  He had so much faith in her winning this obesity thing on her own, he knew she could do it.  But She boy was she surprised when he said yes.  Granted there was a lot of analyzing, laying out all the different options, cost effectiveness, etc. but in the end, Prince Frugal agreed to let her try.

And so begins my story.  Among all the analyzing, laying out all the different options, cost effectiveness, and different strategies, I decided to become a coach.  I have always wanted to help other people achieve fitness and health goals.  I fell in love with working out a few years ago, and I can't stop!  We purchased the Focus T-25 challenge pack.  It is a 10 week program and it is HARD!  I completed the first workout last night.  I thought Jillian was hard, but woah man!  This is a total different ball game!


Please join me as I document this journey.  I am happy to say I purchased the vanilla shakeology and actually like it now.  I think it took getting a lot of the sugar out of my body.  I just wasn't use to something like a smoothie, not tasting like a shake or a jamba juice smoothie!

I hope to update a few times a week, with weigh-ins on Sundays!  Here's to losing 70-80 pounds!

My starting info is -
Weight: 212 lbs
Hips: 52 1/2 inches
Waist: 47 inches
Chest: 39 1/2 inches
Left Arm: 15 inches
Left Leg: 28 inches


No comments:

Post a Comment