Friday, April 25, 2014

Perfection -

I am here to say - not every day is perfect!  I use to think that once I lost all the weight I need to lose, that would be it!  As I have been going through this for the last 3 years, I know that is not how it will work.

I had a SUPER busy day today.  It was suppose to be this super relaxing day of nothing because my husband had 3 of my kids but I chose to make it busy, get out of the house, and run all day long! I finally got my shake in and T25 around 10:00 PM thanks to my husband.  He literally dragged me from my bed to downstairs to get it done. It's been a rough few days of no sleep because of my little baby and I thought I could just "do it tomorrow"!  No excuses when it's just 25 minutes!

I had a few successes and fails today, which is where the title comes in.  There are days where I am strong.  Nothing tempts me.  I am unbeatable.  But then there are days like today where life just happens the way it does and you just have to say "it's ok!"

My major success was not eating a plethora of cookies that were on a plate right in front of my nose.  Normally when I had that at my disposal, I would have eaten two or three!  Today I skipped the cookie and went for lunch meat, no bread, no mayo, half slice of cheese, and carrots.  It was SO hard, but I felt SO strong afterwards!  There was also a bunch of soda but I went for water.  If things are free, I usually will just say eh, why not.  Today I skipped the free goodies and went for the free healthy goodies!

This afternoon is when I fell a little though.  We took the kids to the movies and had some starbursts and tootsie rolls.  I probably had 4 tootsies and 8 starbursts while watching the movie.  We also had pizza for dinner and I had 2 slices.  I still consider that a small success because I wanted more.  Normally I would eat 3 or 4 slices.

I am slowly realizing that this will be a life long battle I will have.  It use to be discouraging to me, now it is motivating.  I choose to win this battle.  I feel that before I came to earth, I chose this battle.  With the knowledge we had then, the perfect knowledge, I knew that I would be able to handle this challenge, and win.

Recently I heard a story of a completely disabled girl, who will never be married or have children, and she had such a positive attitude.  She knew that she had chosen to live that challenge and that she would have what she wanted and more in the life to come.  I choose to take on that attitude today.  I too choose to win this battle that God has given me.  Instead of looking at it as a burden and "why me?", I will now look at it as "why not me!" I know it seems petty considering some challenges friends, family, and strangers all over the world face, but this is my challenge, and I choose to win it!


No comments:

Post a Comment