Thursday, March 7, 2013

Emotional Eating

Yesterday (as you can tell from my previous post) was a super hard, emotional day for me. 

If something could go wrong, it probably did, if someone could be mad, they probably were, and if there were cookies or pizza in the house, it probably would be eaten (which it was)!

I really hate emotional days.  I haven't figured out how to cope with them.  I still turn to food to bury my feelings, hoping it will make me feel good.  It doesn't usually!

 - let's be honest - it NEVER DOES!

3000 Calories - that's how many I ate yesterday!

When I have bad days I usually throw tracking to the wind and say "whateve"!
Not yesterday though.  I decided I needed to hold myself accountable.
I ate 10 Samoa G.S. Cookies, 4 slices of pizza, and an orange soda.
*remember the don't drink your calories post from a few days ago - I TOTALLY didn't listen!

2 years ago, after I had Carsyn, I had to have my gall bladder removed.  It was kicked to death by a squirmy baby inside.  Eating crappy food has never been the same.  I get SO SICK to my stomach and I can feel it for days.  The thing that processes all the fat in my body is gone. 
You would think that would be enough to deter me, but apparently it's not.

I know yesterday will not be the last emotional, super hard, very frustrating day so I need some help. 
The other day my blog got over 500 views.  All of you people - please - INSPIRE me! 
What are some of the things you have set in place to make sure you don't give in to emotional eating?  How have you overcome emotional eating? 
Does your brain (or Satan) ever tell you - 
"you suck, you will never be skinny"
"just eat the dang cookies, it's only one day"
"just eat the whole box, then they'll be out of your house"

My brain was on fire yesterday with all sorts of these sayings going on in my head.  I tried to get out and go for a walk and it worked for a while but then I let him get back into my head.

Today I started over.  I still lost 1.5 lbs this last week which made me happy.  
I was 209.8 and I am now 208.3!
I kicked the trash (or should I say punched) out of a boxing bag.
I burned 775 calories!
And it was AWESOME!


OH! And I wore a tank top to the gym!  It was a BIG thing for me! I didn't look too bad either 
(except when doing burpees or mtn climbers - tank may have to be for spin class only until my chest decides to DISAPPEAR!)


3 comments:

  1. I have the same problem with emotional eating. Kids driving me crazy. Need chocolate. Or whatever it is. It is like I have no control and usually don't even think as I grab something and shove it in my mouth. For what a minute of comfort and then regret later. It is a vicious cycle. I just noticed you blog Callie. I love to read weight loss blogs. It helps me realize that I am not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try not to keep junk food in the house. I don't have much self control when it comes to chocolate. I love it a lot. If it's not in the house, then I can't eat it. So I usually just go and drink some water instead and it sometimes helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an emotional eater, too. And I have the no gall bladder thing like you - you really would think that the horrid feeling after effects on the stomach would help with the snacking. *sigh* I'm like Kristin and try not to keep stuff in the house. Chewing gum sometimes helps. Mostly it's just hard.

    Awesome about still losing 1.5 lbs. this week! Even when you have bad days, you're obviously working hard and it's really inspirational.

    ReplyDelete