Thursday, February 28, 2013

Weight loss and vacationing (posted 1.24.13)

I just returned from a 3 week vacation to Hawaii -


One of my biggest fears of going on a 3 week vacation was gaining weight.  I knew we would be eating out nearly EVERY meal.  Not to mention the delicious Polynesian food they have there.  I was scared.  I didn't have access to any weights, a gym, and not a lot of time to exercise.

We had been there for 4 days when I found a scale to step up on.  It said 215.  I had gained 6 POUNDS in FOUR days.  It killed me!  I didn't think I had done that bad, but apparently I was WRONG!

I remember walking up to Cris and saying "I hope that scale is wrong because it says I am up 5 pounds" and he looked at me and said "it's actually right, it says the same weight for me as at home"

My hopes of a miscalculated scale were OVER!  I needed to change what I was eating, how active I was, and what I was doing and I needed to change it FAST!

I started to eat only half the rice and meat that was served, drink LOTS of water with each meal, and not snack as much on the beach.  I decided I would swim for 30 minutes while snorkeling each day.  It wasn't much, but it worked.  Especially when there was rough water, HOLY ARM WORKOUT!

At the end of the remaining 2 weeks I was back down to 211 and somehow by the time Thursday morning came and I went to the gym, I had gotten back down to 209, the exact weight I was when I left.  

THANK GOODNESS!

Now, I don't know so much about this birthday weekend for my Rysa girl and the 120 cake bites we have in our home because a snow storm prevented family from coming and having dinner with us!


No comments:

Post a Comment